OSPRI makes SODIS even easier to use.
Standard SODIS treatment requires users to juggle multiple variables. With OSPRI, all it takes is a simple color change.
Fill a plastic bottle with source water. Place OSPRI into the bottle.
Place bottle in sunlight.
The OSPRI will change color gradually during the SODIS treatment.
Remove OSPRI from bottle. Store OSPRI in a clean, dry place. Enjoy clean drinking water.
Let's compare the standard SODIS protocol to enhanced SODIS with OSPRI.
- ☑ Ensure the bottle is made of the right material.
- ☑ Make sure the bottle material is not too thick.
- ☑ Make sure the bottle is not too big.
- ☑ Check that the water is not too cloudy.
- ☑ Estimate the percentage of cloud cover and use it to calculate the treatment time.
SODIS with OSPRI
- ☑ Did the OSPRI change color? If so, the water is safe to drink.